Saturday, March 24, 2007

You vote!: what you'd like to discuss

I've been just a bit busy lately, but would like to keep discussion going by asking you to VOTE on what topic you'd like me to bring up. Here are some possibilities:
(1) Why ritual?
(2) Sonnets
(3) Eric Clapton
(4) Chocolate
(5) The book I'm writing
(6) Courses I'll be teaching this fall (world lit, intro to lit, and C. S. Lewis)
(7) The graduate course on Shakespeare I'll be teaching Winter 2008
(8) "An objective view of the New Testament texts: an attempt"
(9) Groundhog Day (yes, I will be getting back to this soon, but how soon may depend on the degree of interest--and whether you can handle watching the movie again to prepare for discussion)
(10) Other

Just add a comment indicating which topic(s) you're most interested in.

3 comments:

Garry Wilmore said...

In order of personal preference, my top 5 votes would be for numbers 8, 7, 6, 5, and 1. But whatever the majority wants will be okay with me. Perhaps I should expand my horizons anyway; for instance, I am not much of a rocker, and I don't know a lot about Eric Clapton -- except that he is a gifted guitarist, and I do like some of his songs.

Bruce Young said...

I'll think I'll start with a short bit on Eric Clapton, and then I'll see what other votes have come in by that time. But Michael is going to need to put together his thoughts--and likewise Margaret--so we can have an accurate report.

Ben said...

I want to hear more about Groundhog Day.